Monday 17 May 2010

Divas

So far I have been very lucky, but there comes a time in every photographers career when we must deal with The Diva. I had imagined that some subjects can be very demanding, but nothing could have prepared me for this weekends shoot. 

I knew when the model arrived that there would be issues. He wouldn't even look at me and without uttering a word, helped himself to food and drinks, then sat on the step and glared into space, sniffing at the air. The shoot didn't get any better. Every time I pointed my camera at him and suggested poses he replied with loudly barked instructions, insisting on only being photographed from his good side. 

After what felt like only a few minutes, I knew the end had come. Stifling a yawn he made his way to bed for a mid-afternoon snooze. To be honest, I was thankful my ordeal was over. 

This is a warning to all photographers out there, be careful, it's the sweet and innocent looking ones that can be the most difficult.








1 comment:

Richard Hubbuck said...

Ahh, come on, mate - don't you ever learn..."Children and animals...."

(Good job though).

Post a Comment